ALERT: All Healthy Buffalo activities are being postponed until the Coronavirus health scare dissipates. We will reassess the situation on a week by week basis and make the decision on when to resume play as the situation develops. We will post updates on this thread and on our social media channels as they develop and send out a group email when activities resume. In the meantime please hang tight, stay healthy, and be safe!
UPDATES & ANSWERS TO FAQS:
- (2/2/2021): Nothing new to report regarding COVID-19 as we are still in a holding pattern. The NBCC did undergo some renovations since they closed, so the gym should be in great shape upon reopening. We have a couple new programs in the works, but nothing official. Hopefully we will get the green light to resume play soon.
- (12/4/2020): Nothing new to report. Conditions have worsened over the past couple months, but there is hope on the horizon as a vaccine appears to be almost ready for distribution. We will resume play once we get the green light to do so. If certain teams or individual players for each program are not able to play when the season resumes we will fill in where needed. We appreciate everyone’s patience and continued support as we anxiously await a return to normalcy.
- (9/3/2020): NYS residents finally got the go ahead to reopen their gyms, but still need social distancing guidelines in place. Once the social distancing and mask mandate guidelines are removed we will resume play. The Fall 2020 season is now officially cancelled. When we do resume play we will finish our Winter/Spring 2020 season before starting a new season.
- (6/22/2020): We have no new updates regarding our youth and adult basketball programs. We will continue to await for guidance from the Governor and other health officials. Once it is safe to resume play we will start up again.
- (6/22/2020): Co-Ed Softball is on! We had to move the league to Tuesday nights. Opening day is July 7th. Click here for more info and to register.
- (5/5/2020): We have been getting a lot of inquiries for our Co-Ed Softball League. Although we closed registration we are remaining optimistic we might still be able to play. If it becomes safe to do so, we should be able to pull it together on short notice since demand is so strong for the league. If and when that time comes we will send out a group email to everyone.
- (5/5/2020): We have now cancelled our summer season for all of our basketball programs. We are hoping to resume our winter/spring season once it is safe to do so. If we resume play at some point between now and the end of June, there is no chance we would be able to then start up a summer season.
- (4/29/2020): Social distancing guidelines for New York State have been extended until at least May 15th. That would be the absolute earliest possible restart date for activities. With that said it appears unlikely that we will get the go ahead to resume team sports activities at that point, but we are hoping for the best.
- (3/31/2020): We hope everyone is hanging in there during the pandemic. As federal guidelines have been extended through the end of April, the earliest date to resume play will likely be in the beginning of May. We will contact everyone once play resumes.
- (3/18/2020): Looking for some relief from the doom and gloom? Our main man Joshua Koester just posted some new pics of the Winter/Spring season on our Facebook page here. Check them out and tag your friends!
- (3/18/2020): There is still no timetable for resuming play. We will continue to play it by ear and once everyone is confident that it is safe to play, we will start up again.
- (3/16/2020): We just had another team register for our Women’s League! There is now just one spot left. We’ll fire up once the crisis passes.
- (3/13/2020): Unlike many other national events we are not up against any timelines for our programs. Once conditions normalize we will resume all activities as scheduled. All leagues will pick up as scheduled once we are back and any missed games will be made up at the end of the regular season as we would do normally for weather delays or other missed weeks.
- (3/13/2020): Women’s Basketball: Yes! We are still on. We have spots open for just two more teams. We will tip-off once conditions return to normal.