Get ready for this exciting opportunity to get your kids feet wet and help develop their love of the game of basketball from an early age. Enjoy expert instruction, a 27.5″ youth basketball per player, and toddler friendly baskets for play. Each session starts out with a fun warm-up and stretch, followed by games, beginner drills, and exercise, then ends with music and playtime!
WHAT: BOYS & GIRLS BEGINNER HOOPS CAMP
WHERE: Knights of Columbus, 1530 Kenmore Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216
WHEN: Tuesday’s from 5:30-6:30 pm starting on February 11, 2020!
REGISTRATION FEE: $75 for early registration / $90 for late registration
CO-ED: BOYS & GIRLS ARE WELCOME!
For more information contact Chas via email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The Healthy Buffalo Beginner Basketball Camp details:
- This program is for young kids and requires parental engagement during the program to help their children through the activities.
- Coaching and instruction from Julie Maxwell, the head coach of the Orchard Park JV team and other experienced coaches throughout the Healthy Buffalo network.
- Program uses three 5’6″ basketball hoops and one 4′ hoop that are perfect for toddlers.
- A basketball for every player keeps kids motivated and engaged throughout the camp.
- A custom-made authentic Healthy Buffalo tee or jersey for all participants!
- Register at least two weeks before opening day and we will customize your child’s jersey with their name on the back!
- Seven week program.
- Special guest instructors from the Healthy Buffalo universe throughout the season!
- Highlight videos.
- Photography and video of all participants.
- Season ending banquet and awards.
Head Coach Julie Maxwell Bio
“The game of basketball has always been a part of my life. Growing up I played basketball all year round, including school basketball, league basketball, and travel basketball. Once I graduated high school and went to college, I decided I wanted to help girls learn the game of basketball since there were not many supporters of girls basketball when I grew up. I was recently named head coach of the Orchard Park JV team and have coached the girls Maryvale modified basketball team for 7 years. This past summer, I helped coach the girls basketball camp through Healthy Buffalo. I continue to play myself as well in the Healthy Buffalo Women’s League. I am very passionate toward supporting and teaching young girls this game and the life lessons that come along with it.”
CHECK OUT THE ACTION FROM BEGINNER HOOPS CAMP LEVEL 2 (AGES 5-7):