WHAT: Girls Basketball Camp (Ages 5-8)
WHERE: Knights of Columbus, 1530 Kenmore Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216
WHEN: Tuesday nights from 6:30-7:30 pm starting September 24th to November 5th
AGES: 5-8 years old
CAMP DUES: Early registration is $65 per player, late registration is $80 per player
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Registration will close after the first 25 players register, otherwise registration will remain open until opening day.
* Registration includes one year’s membership dues in Healthy Buffalo for the primary parent/guardian!
The Healthy Buffalo Girls Basketball Camp includes:
- Coaching and instruction from Orchard Park Girls Basketball Head Coach Julie Maxwell and Canisius College Women’s Assistant Coach Rachelle Matthys.
- Other former college players and experienced coaches throughout the Healthy Buffalo network will make appearances throughout the camp as well!
- Focus on the Basketball FUN-damentals including shooting, dribbling, passing and more through drills and scrimmages.
- 5.5′-7′ basketball hoops are used for the camp.
- A custom-made authentic Healthy Buffalo jersey is provided for all participants.
- Seven week program.
- Photography and video of all participants.
Head Coach Julie Maxwell Bio
“The game of basketball has always been a part of my life. Growing up I played basketball all year round, including school basketball, league basketball, and travel basketball. Once I graduated high school and went to college, I decided I wanted to help girls learn the game of basketball since there were not many supporters of girls basketball when I grew up. I was recently named head coach of the Orchard Park girls JV team and have coached the girls Maryvale modified basketball team for 7 years. This past summer, I helped coach the girls basketball camp through Healthy Buffalo. I continue to play myself as well in the Healthy Buffalo Women’s League. I am very passionate toward supporting and teaching young girls this game and the life lessons that come along with it.”