*** Sign up for our email list to be notified when registration opens for next season! ***
WHAT: WNY’s #1 Youth Basketball League (Ages 7 & 8)
EVALUATION & ORIENTATION FOR NEW PLAYERS: February/March 2024
WHERE (GAMES): Pro Training Facility (875 Eggert Drive, North Tonawanda, NY 14120)
WHERE (PRACTICES): K of C (1530 Kenmore Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216) or the Pro Training facility depending on team.
WHEN (PRACTICES): Practices are once a week starting in February/March 2024, Monday-Friday depending on your team.
WHEN (GAMES): Sunday’s from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm (Games are on Saturday’s in the fall and Sunday’s in the spring)
REGISTRATION FEE: $159 for early registration / $169 for regular registration
AGES: 7 & 8 (Players must be under nine years old on opening day. Age verification may be required.)
CO-ED: Boys & Girls are welcome! (The league is usually >70 boys and <10 girls.)
Team Practice Schedule (Spring 2024):
TBD: Warriors w/ TBD
TBD: Lakers w/ TBD
TBD: Nuggets w/ TBD
TBD: Bulls w/ TBD
TBD: Mavs w/ TBD
TBD: Spurs w/ TBD
TBD: Celtics w/ TBD
TBD: Knicks w/ TBD
*Exact times, teams and coaches are all tentative and could change based on availability! There might be minor scheduling adjustments in the first couple weeks until prior season commitments are finalized.
What separates the Healthy Buffalo Youth Basketball League from other youth leagues:
- Games and practices use a modified 8’6″ basketball hoop, ensuring your child is developing the proper mechanics and the play style reflects an actual game.
- All players receive a practice jersey and a custom-made authentic Healthy Buffalo game jersey with name and number of their choice.
- Great facilities to play in. No tiny gyms or playing sideways on bigger courts.
- Awesome highlight and promo videos of the action.
- Professional photography.
- Year long training opportunities through our existing camps with the area’s top coaches to make sure your child is progressing in his/her development.
- The only hoops organization around with programs starting as early as three years old and running leagues all the way through ages 40+, ensuring lifelong friends and relationships are formed.
- Two IAABO Certified officials for all games.
- Online stats, standings, and registration.
- The league consists of only seven and eight year old players (exceptions made for some experienced six year old players upon parents request) so your child will only be playing with kids their age and size. They will never be playing against fifth and sixth graders.
- WNY’s top coaches composed of life long basketball players.
- A premium product. We limit the amount of players and always sell out which allows us to maintain a standard of conduct among our players and coaches. You are very likely to see banned players and coaches end up in other leagues that are hurting for participation.
- Each season the teams are re-balanced with the new players, ensuring a fair and balanced level of competition.
- Weekly practice and game.
- All new players must be available to practice on whatever night they get assigned to based on their team. We will do our best to accommodate requests but cannot make any guarantees and appreciate everyone offering the most flexibility possible to make sure the teams are evenly balanced.
- Five personal fouls to foul out. Seven team fouls for 1-and-1 and ten team fouls for two free throws each half.
- Intentional and technical fouls will be issued as needed.
- Each team can only have the head coach and assistant coach on the sidelines with the team.
- All other spectators must remain in the designated area by the bleachers.
- If a team goes up ten points or more they must remain inside the three point line on defense and make three passes before shooting on offense.
- Stay posted to this thread for other updates as they happen!