*** Waitlist registration is available. We may have one more spot! ***
WHAT: Youth Basketball League (Ages 7 & 8)
TRYOUTS, EVALUATION & ORIENTATION FOR NEW PLAYERS: September 24th and October 1st at 1:00 pm at the Pro Training facility
WHERE (GAMES): All games are at the Pro Training Facility (875 Eggert Drive, North Tonawanda, NY 14120)
WHERE (PRACTICES): The K of C (1530 Kenmore Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216) or the Pro Training facility depending on team.
WHEN (PRACTICES): Practices are once a week starting October 4, 2022, Monday-Friday depending on your team.
WHEN (GAMES): Games on Saturday’s from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
REGISTRATION FEE: $125 for early registration / $150 for regular registration
AGES: 7 & 8 (Players must be under nine years old on opening day. Age verification may be required.)
CO-ED: Boys & Girls are welcome! (The league is usually 70 boys and 10 girls.)
Team Practice Schedule:
Monday 5:00 pm @ K of C: Warriors with Coach Mike DiTullio
Tuesday 5:30 pm @ K of C: Bulls with Coach Chas Kirsch
Tuesday 6:20 pm @ K of C: Nuggets with Coach Jess Torres
Tuesday 7:10 pm @ K of C: Lakers with Coach Adam Brasky
Wednesday 5:20 pm @ K of C: Mavs with Coach Chris Dabney
Thursday 5:20 pm @ K of C: Knicks with Coach Todd McAlister Jr
Friday 6 pm @ Pro Training: Celtics with Coach Rich Bernecki
Friday 6 pm @ Pro Training: Spurs with Coach Casey Krystyniak
*Exact times, teams and coaches are all tentative and could change based on availability!
Updates & Changes From Last Season & Frequently Asked Questions:
- Two IAABO Certified officials for ALL games.
- Tryouts for new players are on September 24th and October 1st. All new players must be able to participate in both sessions.
- New players will be placed according to their skill level to balance out the teams from last session. The bottom teams from last season will get the top new players and the top teams from last season will get the beginner level players.
- All new players must be available to practice on whatever night they get assigned to based on their team. We will do our best to accommodate requests but cannot make any guarantees and appreciate everyone offering the most flexibility possible to make sure the teams are evenly balanced.
- Five personal fouls to foul out. Seven team fouls for 1-and-1 and ten team fouls for two free throws each half.
- Intentional and technical fouls will be issued as needed.
- Each team can only have the head coach and assistant coach on the sidelines with the team.
- All other spectators must remain in the designated area by the bleachers.
- If a team goes up ten points or more they must remain inside the three point line on defense and make three passes before shooting on offense.
- This season all players will receive a game jersey and a reversible mesh jersey for team practices.
- Stay posted to this thread for other updates as they happen!
The Healthy Buffalo Youth Basketball League includes:
- Games and practices use a modified 8′ basketball hoop.
- All players receive a custom-made authentic Healthy Buffalo game and practice jersey.
- Nine week program with weekly practices and games.
- Online stats, standings, and registration.
- Highlight videos.
- Photography and video of all participants.